The training was concluded with a live demonstration with a vehicle on a 50 km-long test route on the 5th day of the training. A route was predefined (Harare – Glendale) for the test drive with 7 stop points with accurate geographical coordinates. The trainees followed the vehicle in real-time and mimicked a real shipment along the 50-km long route.
The test scenario included:
- Creating shipment of two trucks, each of them equipped with a GPS tracker.
- Setting a shipment route with several route points
- Passing a border point simulation
- Simulated Incident during transportation
- Collaboration between mobile application and the web system
- Dividing the students into two groups – drivers and administrators
- Communication between the participants in the shipment in ITS chat system
All the expected goals have been achieved.
Here are some photos taken during the real-time demonstration: