The training was concluded with a cross border exercise with 3 vehicles on a 1615km long test route on Nov 21st . A route was from Lubumbashi (DRC) to Beitbridge (Zimbabwe) for the test drive with 26 stop points with accurate geographical coordinates. The route crosses the territories of 3 countries (DRC, Zimbabwe, Zambia). The route passes through 2 state border points (Kasumbalesa and Chirundu). Specially invited representatives of the regulators of the three countries are allowed to track the convoy trucks in real time during their route through the countries. GPS trackers change at every border.
The test scenario included:
- Creating shipment of 3 trucks, each of them equipped with a GPS tracker.
- Setting a shipment route with several route points
- Passing a border point, exchange GPS trackers
- Simulated Incident during transportation
- Collaboration between mobile application and the web system
- Communication between the participants in the shipment in ITS chat system
All the expected goals have been achieved.
Here are some photos taken during the cross border exercise: